Church-based responses to HIV and AIDS in three southern African countries
How churches in Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa are:
- Challenging public and official denial of HIV/AIDS
- Leading community-based responses to the challenges of HIV/AIDS
- Confronting stigma, discrimination and judgementalism
- Educating communities about HIV/AIDS and sexual health
- Supporting orphans and other vulnerable children
- Campaigning for political action on HIV/AIDS-related issues
- Providing social support, counselling and health care to people living with HIV/AIDS
By: Gideon Byamugisha, Lucy Y Steinitz, Glen Williams, Phumzile Zondi.
116 pages; published 2002; ISBN 978-1-905746-58-3 (E-book)
Download Journeys of Faith as a pdf file.
Please tell your friends about this page: